Karen is a partner in the employment team. Karen provides clear, concise, commercial advice on all aspects of employment law from recruitment through best practice to dispute resolution to ending the employment relationship. She supports employers through mergers, restructuring and other project work. She also has considerable experience as a litigator in employment and employment appeal tribunals. Karen is a regular speaker at seminars and is an experienced trainer. As well as a range of private sector clients, Karen has many years experience working with clients in the Social Housing, Social Care and Voluntary Sectors.
Recent examples include:
- representing the employer at Tribunal in a pregnancy discrimination claim
- advising all transferee social landlords in a large-scale stock transfer
- advising on merger of two prominent social landlords
- advising employers on group structure and partnership working
- acting for employer in resolving senior staff and board member conduct issues including whistleblowing
- advising employer on large redundancy and restructuring program
Karen joined ACH Shoosmiths from TC Young where she acted predominantly for social landlords and not-for-profit employers.
Karen qualified in 1988. She is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
Education and Qualifications: The University of Edinburgh (LLB)
- ACH Shoosmiths completes Saltire Court move
- ACH Shoosmiths advises on £multi-million club scheme
- ACH Shoosmiths recruits family law specialist