Charities and Not for Profit
The Charities team at ACH Shoosmiths provides a broad range of services to charities, not-for-profit organisations and others, including:
- Charitable vehicle/structure alternatives
- Formation of Companies Limited by Guarantee, Industrial & Provident Societies; Charitable Trusts etc.
- Regulatory and OSCR issues
- Housing Associations, RSL registration and requirements of The Scottish Housing Regulator
- Trustees' duties and responsibilities
- Monitoring and advising on new legislation and regulation
- Constitutional matters (including questions of ultra vires, investment powers, variations of trusts, drafting of and changes to Articles of Association/Rules, Committee/Management Structures)
- Formation, reorganisation, transfers, mergers, de-mergers and dissolution
- Partnerships, Collaborations and Shared Services
- Employment and Consultancy
- Contracts with suppliers of goods and services, local authorities, Health Trusts, fund-raisers and sponsors, public procurement, tenders etc.
- Property transactions, purchases, sales, leases, developments and joint ventures
- Banking and Project funding
For further information or advice, please contact a member of our Charities & Not for Profit team.